POSITION TITLE: Airport Facilities Specialist
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SALARY RANGE: $32,000 - $50,000
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Coordinates and performs a variety of semi-skilled and skilled tasks related to airfield, facilities, and ground maintenance. This includes corrective and preventative maintenance, construction, carpentry, demolition, and remodeling projects for Airport airfield and facilities; maintains HVAC systems located in Airport structures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinates and performs building maintenance and repairs such as scheduled general maintenance for HVAC components and electrical computerized controls, plumbing, interior and exterior maintenance of all structures.
- Coordinates and performs overall maintenance of terminal; picks up and removes trash, replaces light bulbs, and performs cleaning; washes interior and exterior windows, and sidewalks. Responds to requests from the public or tenants regarding maintenance problems.
- Coordinates and performs turf, landscape, and shrub, tree, and flower bed maintenance and operates and maintains irrigation system and equipment.
- Performs concrete and finish work such as sidewalks, street patch repairs, ramps, pads, and driveways; set forms, pour concrete and completes final finish work.
- Operates in a competent, safe manner a variety of vehicles and equipment required to perform duties including, but not limited to automobile, backhoe, pickup/utility truck, dump truck, sweeper, chain/trimming saws, snow plow/blower, miscellaneous power and hand tools, grader, weed eaters, lawn edger's, loader, riding and manual lawn mowers.
- Coordinates and performs general maintenance on facilities maintenance vehicles such as safety, oil and operation checks, Also cleans interior and exterior of vehicles weekly. Performs general maintenance and minor repair on heavy equipment such as graders, front-end loaders, and snow plows. Repair and maintenance of mowers and other grounds related equipment.
- Coordinates and performs road repairs, landscaping, irrigation, and snow removal.
Aircraft Rescue Fire Fighting:
- Responds to aircraft emergencies upon notification.
- Performs firefighting activities including driving fire apparatus, operating pumps and related equipment, laying hose, fire suppression, passenger safety and egress, rendering emergency aid.
- Responds to emergency call-outs including; aircraft emergencies, snow removal, security.
- Carries pager and cell phone.
- Performs all other work as required.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
High school graduation or GED; Associates degree in facilities management or related field; plus a minimum of five (5) years experience in facilities maintenance to include skills in construction, landscaping, carpentry, HVAC maintenance; plumbing and electrical, or any equivalent combination of experience and training which demonstrates the ability to perform the above described duties.
Background Check: Employment with the Airport is contingent upon an education/experience background investigation, a fingerprint-based criminal history record check processed by the FBI, and upon the ability to be granted a security badge as mandated by the Transportation Security Administration.
- Master Gardner Certification desirable.
- Possession of a valid Colorado driver's license
- ARFF Certification required to be obtained within 6-months of employment.
- Candidates must be able to pass HAZWOPER Firefighter Physical
- Basic first aid and CPR certification desirable
Work is performed independently or as part of a team often without direct supervision after assignment of duties.
The physical demands represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Strength and energy sufficient to maintain an active work schedule involving driving and/or physical exertion; hearing and speaking to exchange information; seeing to perform assigned duties; sitting or standing for extended periods of time; dexterity of hands and fingers to operate tools and equipment; kneeling, bending at the waist and reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally as needed; lifting light to moderately heavy objects.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Including but not limited to; hand power tools, all terrain vehicles, snowplow for snow removal on sidewalks and areas around SRE and Terminal buildings, mobile radio and aviation radio. This position requires use of Airport vehicles.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts, in high and precarious places and frequently exposed to outside weather conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, except during certain maintenance duties when noise levels may be loud.
Employees in this position are required to work in areas or around equipment which may meet or exceed the OSHA Hearing Conservation sound level.
This position may require shift work, weekends, and holidays.
This description covers the most significant essential and auxiliary duties performed but does not include other occasional work which may be similar, related to, or logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employee agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
To apply visit https://gjairport.applicantpro.com/jobs/51927.html.