I have over over 16 years of aviation experience. I am one of the few people that has gained my experiences through "experience"
*Responsible for FAR 139 compliance
*Responsible for all activities airside both routine and emergency
*Perform daily inspections of all runways and taxiways to check for discrepencies
*Respond to all aircraft emergencies and incidents
*Assisted in airfield, apron and terminal inspections and reported conditions to Operations office, Operations Manager in charge, other Department sections, tenants and PIT tower.
* Monitored airfield and terminal conditions with regard to maintaining a safe, efficient and orderly operation in compliance with existing regulations.
* Maintained a daily shift log of events on airport grounds and corrective actions.
*Assisted in coordinating emergency responses to aircraft alerts, disasters and other emergencies as necessary.
* Assisted in opening and closing runways, taxiways for routine airfield maintenance, snow removal and emergencies.
* Maintained direct contact with immediate supervisory personnel in the event of emergencies, unusual situations, or serious events that might occur requiring guidance or assistance.
* Conducted inspections of airfield, off airfield buildings and other Airport property to assure safety, security and general policy guidelines are adhered to.
* Dispatched Emergency Medical Helicopters (EC-135, EC-145) over a 4 State Region in all types of weather
* Responsible for controlling one of the busiest heliports in Southwestern Pennsylvania
* Coordniated EMS personnel to medical scenes
* Visually inspected the condition and maintenance of airfield facilities including runways, taxiways, and ramps to ensure compliance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations
* Updated weather and field condition reports and issued and canceled notices to airmen (NOTAMS) on airfield status
* Prepared documentation and reports of airfield inspections and irregularities and maintained log books
* Monitored emergency repairs made by maintenance personnel and recommended runway closings and openings as necessary
* During emergency situations, ensured that responders complied with federal and local regulations pertaining to aircraft and airfield operations and prepares incident reports
* Taught and revised the FAR 139.303 curriculum for the airport
* Qualified as a Runway Inspector and Ground Security Coordinator
* Supervised fueling of aircraft and did daily inspections to ensure compliance
* Coordinated and participated multiple times in presidential visits both foreign and domestic
* Monitored flight operations, recorded departure and arrival times of all flights and kept computer system up to date
* Familiar with both Flitetrac and Sabre software
* Established and published to all stations the aircraft routing planned for the day
* Planned route of flight for aircraft, keeping aircraft advised of changes in weather both en route and at destination airport
* Worked with stations to minimize delays to ensure that the operation ran on time
* Responsible for weather observations, prepared weather briefings for pilots
* Coordinated contingency plans and snow removal with Ground Operations
* Ensured all flights were prepared and advised of any operational problems
* Ensured each flight met all FAR 121 and Comair Operation specifications
* Provided a flight plan and information to the flight crew regarding any
item which may impact the safety of the aircraft or its passengers
* Monitored flight progress, supplied weather, traffic and airport
information as necessary
* Approved maintenance items in accordance with aircraft, field and weather limitations
* Loaded and unloaded all Delta and connection carrier aircraft
* Responsible for weight and balance of aircraft
* Aircraft lead agent supervised a crew of 4 ramp agents
* Responsible for safely guiding aircraft into the gate area using parking system procedures
Aviation Continuing Education, Inc. is the only FAA authorized ONLINE...
Airport Operations Officer at a small hub airport. Involved in...
Hi, I work for a small commercial airport in Hot...
Airport Ops Representative at ATL. Nearing 8 years of experience...
At our airport I think we are misunderstanding the new...
Our ACSI is referring to 139.327 (1) Prepare, and...
Thank you for your advice
If the vis and ceiling restrict you I.e. (1\4 am...
We use a combination of Chevy Silverados and Ford F-150's...