I have over over 16 years of aviation experience. I am one of the few people that has gained my experiences through "experience"
*Responsible for FAR 139 compliance
*Responsible for all activities airside both routine and emergency
*Perform daily inspections of all runways and taxiways to check for discrepencies
*Respond to all aircraft emergencies and incidents
*Assisted in airfield, apron and terminal inspections and reported conditions to Operations office, Operations Manager in charge, other Department sections, tenants and PIT tower.
* Monitored airfield and terminal conditions with regard to maintaining a safe, efficient and orderly operation in compliance with existing regulations.
* Maintained a daily shift log of events on airport grounds and corrective actions.
*Assisted in coordinating emergency responses to aircraft alerts, disasters and other emergencies as necessary.
* Assisted in opening and closing runways, taxiways for routine airfield maintenance, snow removal and emergencies.
* Maintained direct contact with immediate supervisory personnel in the event of emergencies, unusual situations, or serious events that might occur requiring guidance or assistance.
* Conducted inspections of airfield, off airfield buildings and other Airport property to assure safety, security and general policy guidelines are adhered to.
* Dispatched Emergency Medical Helicopters (EC-135, EC-145) over a 4 State Region in all types of weather
* Responsible for controlling one of the busiest heliports in Southwestern Pennsylvania
* Coordniated EMS personnel to medical scenes
* Visually inspected the condition and maintenance of airfield facilities including runways, taxiways, and ramps to ensure compliance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations
* Updated weather and field condition reports and issued and canceled notices to airmen (NOTAMS) on airfield status
* Prepared documentation and reports of airfield inspections and irregularities and maintained log books
* Monitored emergency repairs made by maintenance personnel and recommended runway closings and openings as necessary
* During emergency situations, ensured that responders complied with federal and local regulations pertaining to aircraft and airfield operations and prepares incident reports
* Taught and revised the FAR 139.303 curriculum for the airport
* Qualified as a Runway Inspector and Ground Security Coordinator
* Supervised fueling of aircraft and did daily inspections to ensure compliance
* Coordinated and participated multiple times in presidential visits both foreign and domestic
* Monitored flight operations, recorded departure and arrival times of all flights and kept computer system up to date
* Familiar with both Flitetrac and Sabre software
* Established and published to all stations the aircraft routing planned for the day
* Planned route of flight for aircraft, keeping aircraft advised of changes in weather both en route and at destination airport
* Worked with stations to minimize delays to ensure that the operation ran on time
* Responsible for weather observations, prepared weather briefings for pilots
* Coordinated contingency plans and snow removal with Ground Operations
* Ensured all flights were prepared and advised of any operational problems
* Ensured each flight met all FAR 121 and Comair Operation specifications
* Provided a flight plan and information to the flight crew regarding any
item which may impact the safety of the aircraft or its passengers
* Monitored flight progress, supplied weather, traffic and airport
information as necessary
* Approved maintenance items in accordance with aircraft, field and weather limitations
* Loaded and unloaded all Delta and connection carrier aircraft
* Responsible for weight and balance of aircraft
* Aircraft lead agent supervised a crew of 4 ramp agents
* Responsible for safely guiding aircraft into the gate area using parking system procedures
I retired from the FAA's Office of Airport Safety &...
Aviation Continuing Education, Inc. is the only FAA authorized ONLINE...
Airport Operations Officer at a small hub airport. Involved in...
Hi, I work for a small commercial airport in Hot...
For some reason I can not see ORD MIA JFK...
How do you throughly inspect the system if most of...
Thank you for your input downtown49. In reading the documentation...
It looks like this I believe it is a...
Yes we have centerlines lights on our TWY's I am...